THREE PROFESSORS TO GIVE LOWELL LECTURES

Haring, Crozier, Kittredge Included On Lowell Institute's List of Men To Speak This Year

Three members of the faculty of Harvard University, Clarence H. Haring, professor of Latin American History and Economics, William J. Crozier, professor of General Physiology, and George L. Kittredge '32, Gurney professor of English Literature, will be among those to deliver lectures this year in Huntington Hall in the Rogers Building, 491 Boylston Street, Boston. These lectures, for which admission is free, but by ticket, are maintained under the will of John Lowell Jr., and have been given annually for the last 94 years. Former President A. Lawrence Lowell '77, and W. H. Lawrence are sole trustee and curator respectively of the Lowell Institute.

Professor Haring will lecture on "History and Politics in South America" on Thursdays and Mondays at 8 o'clock in the evening, beginning Thursday, November 2. The individual titles of the lectures are as follows: 1. Problems of Independence; 2. The Rise of Modern Argentina; 3. Empire and Republic in Brazil; 4. International Rivalries on the River Plate; 5. The Struggle for Democracy in Chile; 6. The Balance of Power on the Pacific; 7. Church and State in Columbia; 8. South America and the United States.

"Mochauism and Behavior" will be the subject of the course of lectures delivered by Professor Crozier on Thursdays and Mondays 5 o'clock p.m., beginning Thursday, January 4.

The eight lectures to he delivered by Professor Kittredge on "Shakespeare" will discuss five of the great dramatist's plays. Professor Kittredge will speak on Friday s and Tuesday s at 8 'o'clock, beginning Friday, January 25.