HASTY PUDDING CLUB TO REHEARSE ANNUAL SHOW

EIGHTY-SEVENTH SPRING PLAY TO OPEN LATE IN MARCH

Rehearsals will begin this afternoon at the Hasty Pudding Club for the eighty seventh of its annual spring productions, which will make its public appearance late in March. The name of this production has not yet been revealed. The book has been written by R. S. Howlett '33, and the music by E. E. Stowell '34.

A new director will be in charge of the play this year in place of John Boyle. His name has not yet been announced, but the management has stated that he comes from New York and has made a notable record there in professional productions. The manager of the show will be Theodore Chase '34, assisted by Archibald Cox '34, W. E. Richardson '35, and Kent Sanger '34.

Among those known to be trying out for parts are the following: Robert Breckinridge '34, W. BE. Cudahay '34, Kent Sanger '34, Stuart Scott, Jr. '33, T. B. Williams '34.

Last year's show was first given on March 29 before a group of the Club's graduates. According to the announcement, the production was "redolent with themes of modern America, such as bootlegging, the Lions Club, the college at New Haven and trial by perjury." The leading parts in the cast of 35 players were taken by E. B. Cole '32, and Stuart Scott '33. It was managed by R. S. Neff '33.