SEXTET PREPARES FOR YALE IN BRUIN SET-TO

LINCOLN, GLEASON BROUGHT UP FROM JAYEES

As a final warm-up for the Yale game on Saturday, the Varsity hockey sextet went through a practice match lasting a full half-hour with the Boston Bruins in the Garden yesterday afternoon.

Feeling the need for additional competition before the encounter with the Blue in the Garden, Coach Stubbs arranged the game and used it to smooth out the defects apparent in the last game in New Haven. The Bruins used their entire squad, alternating the first, second, and third teams, but indulged in no body-checking. Since the offense of the Crimson has shown itself as weaker than had been thought, Coach Stubbs concentrated on the forward walls and was pleased with the improvement over the Yale game form.

Nearly a dozen goals were scored, mostly by the Bruins but deGive gave a good account of himself in the net and staved off dangerous thrusts of the "pro" outfit. Coach Stubbs used the regular first line of Saltonstall, Putnam and Baldwin but Pell replaced Beale in the second line. Pell has been the general handy-man of the team, playing both defense positions and the wings at various times during the season. F. H. Gleason '34 and W. A. Lincoln '35 were brought up from the Jayvees today and given Varsity berths because of their showing in the Junior Varsity game with Yale on Saturday. Both players started the season with the Varsity but were sent down to the Jayvees after several games. Lincoln was put on the third line yesterday and Gleason teamed up with Dow on the second defense.