HINDMARSH TO SPEAK AT BROOKS HOUSE TONIGHT

Addresses International Council On "Lagging Peace Machinery"--Uses Manchuria As Lesson

At a meeting of the Harvard International Council tonight at 7.30 o'clock in Phillips Brooks House, A. E. Hindmarsh, assistant dean and instructor in Government, will speak on "Lagging Peace Machinery--Manchuria as an Object Lesson," it was announced yesterday by M. S. Knowles '34, chairman of the Council. Dean Hindmarsh is the author of a recent book entitled "Force in Peace." This is the second talk to be given before the Council since midyears.

Another activity in which the Council will participate, Knowles announced, is the Model London Economic Conference, to be held at Dartmouth from Friday, April 4, to Sunday, April 16, under the auspices of the Green International. The Conference will be directed by Edmund E. Day, director of Social Science for the Rockefeller Foundation and Hoover appointee to the Preparatory Commission of the London World Economic Conference to be held next summer.

The delegates whom Phillips Brooks House is sending to the Conference are: Cullison Cady '35, D. S. Carmichael '35, M. S. Knowles '35.