CHAIRMEN FORM PLANS OF INTERHOUSE DEBATES

NINE COLLEGE UNITS TO CONTEND IN 36 MEETINGS

In answer to last year's petition of 192 upperclassmen for interhouse debating, the House Chairmen yesterday announced the final plans and regulations for carrying through this plan.

Based on a combination of the Harvard and Oxford Union debating systems, the competition will allow for house teams composed of three members, giving two constructive and a rebuttal speech at each debate. Decisions, the House Chairman agreed, should rest with three judges, preferably members of the faculty.

Nine units will be represented in the interhouse league, and these will be the seven houses, Dudley Hall Commuters' Center, and the other unit will be made up of the remaining outlying dormitories. These divisions of the college will vie with one another in a thirty-six debate schedule which will allow one meeting between each group.

Each house debate will be followed by an open forum conducted on the lines of the Oxford Union. This means that the assembled audience will take part in a discussion of the merits of the resolution, adding their own contributions of facts.