LOWELL AND DUNSTER WIN INDOOR BASEBALL

Adams and Leverett Conquered as Cage Season Opens With a Doubleheader Between Houses

Lowell's Indoor Baseball team opened their season yesterday afternoon with a 5-4 victory over Adams at Briggs Cage. In the second encounter Dunster overpowered Leverett by a score of 13-4.

The Bellboys started off the scoring with two runs in the second inning, but the Gold Coasters came back to tie the score in the first half of the third. Then Lowell went ahead on two more runs in the third and one in the fourth, and never lost their lead.

Jeff Levin hurled for the winners while Dick Storey caught. The Adams battery was comosed of Willard Whitman and Robert Binkerd. Binkerd starred at the plate with three hits out of three.

Dunster scored seven of their runs in one big inning, the third, after Leverett had scored one in the second. Roger Kinnecut, Funster hurler, then proceeded to scatter Leverett's ten hits over the remaining innings while his mates pounded out a total of thirteen hits off the offerings of Jim Monkman, Bunny pitcher.

Tomorrow Dudley plays Winthrop at 3:45 o'clock and Leverett plays Eliot at 5:30.