Careers Speakers Say To Start With Bottom In Field of Personnel

Speakers at the career conference at Eliot House last night unanimously agreed that the only way to succeed in the personnel field is to start at the bottom and work up.

Clinton S. Golden, Lecturer on Labor Problems, stressed that the opportunities for immediate employment on the staff of labor organizations are extremely limited. Those willing to start with the meanest job will find opportunities more numerous.

Richard W. Hall '10, Chief of Personnel of the Boston and Maine Railroad, also emphasized the necessity of a background of knowledge and actual experience.

Moderator Ben A. Lindberg, associate professor of Business Administration, tried to discourage the 50 prospective personnel officials by saying that too many people want to get into the field.

Taking a very optimistic view of the "new, wide-open, and expanding field of personnel administration" John W. Teele '27, Director of Personnel, strongly encouraged students to consider the field.