Boston Pops Cuts Harvard Concert On Lack of Date

Norman Schirk, Director of the Spring Concerts, announced last night that there will be no Harvard Night at the Boston Pops this season.

Schirk said that the long-standing tradition of having a special night at the Pops set aside for College students, alumni, and friends had to be broken this year because the only evening that the Band and Glee Club could agree upon was on a Monday. Mondays are impossible for the concert, Schirk explained, because the Pops schedule has been curtailed this season and no Monday concerts will be given.

Reached earlier yesterday, G. Wallace Woodworth '24, Director of the Glee Club, stated that it had not been contacted about Harvard Night but that a probable explanation for the omission was that the Pops season has been cut in half because the Boston Symphony Orchestra is touring in Europe.

Harvard Night was probably not included in this shortened season because it is not a benefit performance as are the special nights set aside for some of the other schools.