Ruggers Pound to 8-3 Upset Over Montreal; Cricketers' Game Off

Varsity ruggers wound up their tengame season at Montreal last Saturday with a victory that, according to local experts, just wasn't possible. Playing a return match against the Westmount Club, they stormed to an 8 to 3 win, and brought the season's record up to five wins, four losses, and a tie.

Most surprised of all by Saturday's result was Crimson coach Tom Calhoun. "I didn't think we had a chance," he said. "Westmount had a stronger back-line than when they played us on May 12, while our, team was missing 'Red' Wylie and George Sella."

Calhoun added, though, that the Canadian backs failed to get the ball from the forwards right up until the second half. "After that, they really worried us," he said, "but we held-them down at the beginning by massing on their 'scrum back' whenever his forwards got the ball to whenever his forwards passed the ball to him."

Forwards Score

The Crimson's first touchdown came after just such a maneuver. The forwards intercepted the ball, and taking it at their feet, smashed across the Montreal line. Later, Joe Parker added two points with a goal kick. Then, in the second half, right after Montreal made their single score, Calhoun broke through for the Crimson's second touchdown.

Meanwhile, the cricket club cancelled its game on Sunday against the West Indian Cricket Club of Boston.