Grads Brave Rain Threat to Invade County Club, Beaches for Lobsters

Today Sees Annual Luncheons, Concert

Act two of the year's biggest show for both seniors and alumni wound up last night, with weary wanderers wending their ways home by land and sea.

The Class of 27, plus families, spent the damp day at the Essex County Club and Singing Beach, lolling and lobstering, while the men of '52 and their dates watched the harbor drift by from the decks of the Boston Belle.

Today, as the week nears its Thursday climax, the Department of Naval Science will begin by awarding commissions in Lamont Library at 11 a.m. At noon, the reuning classes will hold their annual luncheons. The 50th year Class of '02 will eat in Dillon Field House; '07 in Dunster; '12 in Winthrop; the orange hatted Class of '17, 212 strong, will dine in Leverett; '22 in the Hasty Pudding Club: '27 in Eliot House Quadrangle; '32 in Carey Cage at the Business School; '37 in Kirkland; '42 in Adams; '46 in the Hasty Pudding; and '49 in Hunt Hall.

Highlight of the day will be the graduate schools' alumni luncheon on the Harkness quadrangle. Speakers will be Leonard president of Tufts and secretary-elect of the Smithsonian Institute, and Phillip L. Graham, publisher of the Washington Post. President Conant will introduce both men. The luncheon will be sponsored jointly by the Law School Alumni Association and the Foundation for Advanced Study and Research.

Then the crowd will troop down to Soldiers Field in formation, banners flying for the classic Harvard-Yale baseball game. Alumni and guests will be admitted by badge; others can get tickets at $1.50 from the Athletic Association office in the basement of the Union or at Soldiers Field.

During the afternoon, the graduate schools will hold open house for all visitors, and the reuning classes will return to their headquarters for a buffet supper. The seniors will sup in 'Lowell House.

The evening will begin with the traditional Band and Glee Club concert in the Tercentenary Theatre (Sanders in case of rain) at 8:15, and a combined Alumni-Senior informal dance in the Lowell Quad at 10 p.m. will top off the day. The Class of '27 will travel to the Sheraton-Plaza for dinner and dancing in the ballroom.

Senior sons and daughters of the '27 Class can go to a symposium at 9:30 a.m. on "Making an Eight Ball a Crystal Ball," prefaced with remarks by President Conant, and MC-ed by Don Gibbs. They will go to the ball game, and spend the evening wining and dining at the University Club in Boston.