Varsity Nine Faces Judges In Battle on Soldiers Field

Immersed in a two game losing streak, and a season's record of three wins, six losses, and a tie, the varsity nine today faces a weak Brandeis team on Soldiers Field. Bob Kessler, who no-hitted Columbia for eight and a third innings, is staged to go against the Judges. He is backed up again by Ned Felton.

Hampered by weak hitting that has produced only three runs in the last three games, Coach "Stuffy" McInnis is juggling his lineup in an effort to find a hitting, winning combination.

At first base, George Anderson will replace skidding John Maher. Bill Cleary will move over to third in Ray Maesaka's place, and Dick Hoffman will cover second base. Bones Mackinnery remains at short.

Today's game is considered a breather before Saturday's contest with Army, and recuperating shortstop Ed Krinsky will probably sit this one out, although he may get into the late innings. In the catching position Dick Clasby or regular starter Bin Crosby are both reported ready. Clasby, typed as a late starter, has been hitting well in practice sessions this week. The outfield will be the Princeton trio of Don Butters, Captain Dick Scheer, and Bill Chauncey.

Although the April 17 Brandeis game was postponed because of rain, no world of its rescheduling is available.