EXPLAINS FRESHMAN ACTION

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

In the Harvard CRIMSON of Thursday, October 22, there appeared an article concerning the Freshman Student Council's position on the freezing of the NDEA loans. The article implies through its headlines and content that the Council is opposed to President Pusey's policy of freezing the money. This is not the true situation.

By defeating a resolution to support President Pusey, we were "freezing" the issue until further investigation could be made. A committee under the Chairmanship of Tom Jones is presently preparing a report that will bring to light the vital facts and issues of the NDEA. When completed, a copy will be given to each Council member and, possibly, to each student in the Class of 1963. After further debate and consideration, the Freshman Student Council will make its decision on supporting or opposing President Pusey's action. As of this moment, we are neutral and will remain so until we understand all the facts and implications of the problem! Michael Belknap   Chairman of the Freshman Student Council