Varsity Six Elects Graney Captain; Watkins Will Lead Wrestling Team

John B. Watkins '60, of Kirkland House and Winchester, was recently elected captain of the 1959-60 varsity wrestling squad. He competed in the 137-lb. class this year, posting a 6-4-1 record.

Next winter's team should be very strong up through the 147-lb. class because of several upcoming freshmen and the experienced men who will return, Watkins predicted last night. The graduation of Bob Foster and Joe Noble, however, may weaken the heavier classes, though Ted Robbins and Bob Wynne should help.

The varsity hockey team recently elected Michael Graney '60, of Leverett House and Norwood, captain of next year's squad. This season, Graney, a first-string defenseman, made five goals and ten assists and was especially valuable in front of the goal because of his alertness and heads-up playing.

In high school, Graney was a high scorer in the Bay State League. Two years ago he was starting center on the Freshman team, and last winter he played wing on the varsity's second line.