Sextet to Face Off Against Bruins In Tough Providence Match Tonight

The Harvard hockey varsity travels to Providence tonight to meet Brown, currently a co-leader in the Ivy League race. And if the 9-3 pasting the Bruins gave the Crimson in Cambridge two months ago is any indication, Harvard will have its hands full.

The Crimson is still fifth in the six-team circuit, thanks to its 9-2 loss at Cornell Wednesday. Unless it can move up, the Crimson will finish lower in the league than it has in 14 years.

Harvard's overall record is now 6-13, and since only five games remain on the schedule, the Crimson must wind up with a losing record, In the two years since the basketball team finished at 6-15 in 1962-63, 25 Harvard varsities had compiled winning records.

After winning six straight league games Brown finally lost Wednesday at Dartmouth, and fell into a tie for the league lead with the Indians. The Bruins are 15-5 overall, and are a cinch to get one of the eight berths in the post-season ECAC Tournament.

Brown has undergone two significant personnel changes since they last met Harvard. High-scoring wing Fred Soule has been taken off the Bruins' roster because of academic ineligibility. Bob Gaudreau, formerly the best defenseman in the Ivy League, has moved up to take his place on a line.