The Game 2004

Pfoho HoCo is planning a “booze luge.” The Sailing Team has Sailgate. With kegs and cider galore, any path through
By Maggie E. Klein and Emily T. Sabo

Pfoho HoCo is planning a “booze luge.” The Sailing Team has Sailgate. With kegs and cider galore, any path through the H-Y tailgates is sure to be a delicious one. Here are a few sample recipes.

sailgate

The Sailing Team always has one of the rowdiest tailgates, with their sailboat-turned-punch bowl (they say it’s called a “laser”—sounds very technical to us).

-A LOT of vodka (“to kill the germs in the laser”)

-Sprite

-lemonade mix

-“And sometimes whatever else gets thrown in” -Mix well, in hull of a laser.

drunk bunny

Leverett Hoco is going supersweet and satisfying this year with their delicious spiked hot chocolate, which features:

-2 parts peppermint schnapps

-1 part Bailey’s

-hot chocolate

-mix carefully, first outside of the vat, then in larger proportions

socialist tailgates unite

Mather HoCo is not planning a people’s revolution, but it does plan on providing the tailgate public with plenty of Milwaukee’s Best. Also expected on the agenda:

-hot cider mixed with spiced rum

-hot chocolate with peppermint Schnapps

-“We haven’t been to the store yet but probably basic—pretzels and chips,” says Darren S. Morris ’05, Mather HoCo’s “co-czar.”

sangria!

Fuerza Latina President Felipe A. Tewes ’06 says his group plans to serve its signature sangría Saturday. His recipe:

-1 bottle (4/5 quart) red dry wine

-1 cup sugar

-1 cup dark Puerto Rican rum

-1 cup orange juice

-1/2 cup lime juice

-1 can (1 lb) sliced peaches (add other chopped fruit like apples, oranges, or melon, if desired)

In large pot, mix thoroughly, with a rubber spatula (everything except the peaches), until sugar dissolves. Add the contents of the can of sliced peaches, including the syrup, and stir. Garnish with orange and lime wedges and peach slices. Add ice and mix; serve cold.