Tweets of the Week: Men's Basketball Edition

Senior Chris Egi is the lone men's basketball captain this season.
Senior Chris Egi is the lone men's basketball captain this season. By Timothy R. O'Meara
By Amir Mamdani, Crimson Staff Writer

Men’s basketball hit the road over Thanksgiving break, heading to California to sample the best of the West Coast. In honor of the trip, here are the best tweets of the week from current and former Harvard men’s basketball players:

7.) Freshman forward Danilo Djuricic

“Does not matter without the win... just trying to help this team do that! Time to bounce back tomorrow.”

Great team attitude, Danilo!

6.) Sophomore standout Bryce Aiken

“If there isn’t a way then make one.”

Inspiring advice, Bryce—true of life as well as the Harvard concentration options.

5.) Freshman guard Rio Haskett

“If it ain’t rough it ain’t right”

“We run things, things don’t run us.”

I can’t tell you exactly what Rio means here, but I can say that he is clearly wise beyond his freshman years.

4.) Junior forward Weisner Perez

“I’m so thankful and blessed to be where I’m at in life. Didn’t get the opportunity to go home for thanksgiving, but instead got to spend it with the Harvard Basketball family. #LaFamilia”

Great attitude toward the road trip, Weisner! Way to show off that upperclassman maturity. I personally would throw a fit if anyone tried to take away my Thanksgiving holiday.

3.) Senior forward Chris Egi

“Day 1”

Day 1 of what Chris??? Day 1 of what??? Clearly, the senior and academic standout has reached a level where mere mortals cannot understand his tweets.

2.) Sophomore forward Henry Welsh

“I cast my Heisman ballot for #BryceLove! Click the player you think deserves the @NissanUSA #HeismanHouse vote!”

I’m more of a Baker Mayfield man, but who can blame Henry—Love sure can run it. Not sure how Henry’s brother, Tom, of the UCLA Basketball team feels about Henry throwing his Heisman support to a PAC-12 Rival.

1.) Men’s basketball alum Wesley Saunders, formerly of the Knicks D-League team and currently playing professional basketball in Finland

“Well I know what I’m doing for my birthday #TheIncredibles2”

I guess now we all know how Wes has been spending his time in Finland. Hopefully he can find a Finnish theater to give him what he wants.

Men's Basketball