Around the Ivies

Men's Basketball Anticipates Latest Edition of Amaker-Jones Rivalry

7 days ago

In the months leading up to the college basketball season, Feb. 17 was supposed to be the Ivy League’s moment in the sun. Harvard and Yale, the top two teams in the conference preseason poll and the league’s biggest rivals, would be going head-to-head in a nationally televised Saturday night game at Lavietes Pavilion. While the matchup between the two schools gets the most attention on the gridiron, the Crimson and Bulldogs have established quite the rivalry on the hardwood.

Read more

Men's Basketball Readies for Quirky Ivy League Schedule

January 26, 2018

This weekend marks the beginning of a six-week stretch of back-to-back conference basketball games—one of the Ivy League’s quirkiest sports traditions—for the Harvard men’s and women’s teams. Save for a few exceptions, over the next six weekends, each Ancient Eight team will play two games per weekend (one on Friday night and the other on Saturday) with both coming either at home or on the road.

Read more

In Penultimate Week of Football, Anything Possible

November 09, 2017

In nine days, we will know which team—or teams—will be crowned Ivy League champions.

Read more

Football to Take Columbia Seriously in Road Bout

November 02, 2017

This article marks the end of an era. Today, for the first time since the Big Bang, we have to take Columbia seriously.

Read more

Football to Resume Ivy League Slate at Cornell

October 05, 2017

Though the climate is relatively similar across the New England and Mid-Atlantic region, I will likely pack my winter coat as I depart for Ithaca, N.Y., this weekend to cover the Harvard-Cornell game. The barren land around the Finger Lakes just screams “frozen tundra,” even well before the onset of winter. But more on Cornell later.

Read more