Around the Ivies

AROUND THE IVIES: It's a Dog Eat Bear Eat Tiger World

September 27, 2018

No this isn’t some demented version human centipede, it’s Ivy League football and everyone beating everyone is why no one actually knows who is better than who.

Read more

Ivy League Squads Rock and Roll Into Week Two

September 20, 2018

I was in New Jersey for part of this summer, which was a hotbed of sports betting activity as it, and nearby Delaware, legalized the activity in one form or another. I considered writing this column with a bunch of New Jersey references sprinkled in, but realistically it would all end up being about Wawa and Bruce Springsteen, so I’ll spare everyone from that.

Read more

AROUND THE IVIES: First Week of Football Season Means A Clean Slate

September 13, 2018

My professor similarly explained to me no such device exists in academia after I inquired about my exam scores.

Read more

Men's Basketball Marches on to the Palestra

March 09, 2018

If there’s anything we’ve learned from head coach Tommy Amaker while covering the Harvard men’s basketball team over the last few years, it’s to not dwell on things outside of your control. Amaker rarely discusses injuries to his players, instead focusing on those who are practicing and suiting up for games.

Read more

Men's Basketball Anticipates Latest Edition of Amaker-Jones Rivalry

February 16, 2018

In the months leading up to the college basketball season, Feb. 17 was supposed to be the Ivy League’s moment in the sun. Harvard and Yale, the top two teams in the conference preseason poll and the league’s biggest rivals, would be going head-to-head in a nationally televised Saturday night game at Lavietes Pavilion. While the matchup between the two schools gets the most attention on the gridiron, the Crimson and Bulldogs have established quite the rivalry on the hardwood.

Read more