Where in the World is Lowell Tea?

•
By Michelle M. Ng

With the Lowell House renovations scheduled to take two years, Dorothy and Diana, the Faculty Deans of Lowell House) are going to have to find an alternative space to hold their weekly teas. House life for Lowell students (and others that make the weekly trek for their fill of tea and desserts) would be severely lacking without this tradition, so it’s imperative that they find a temporary spot for this weekly feeding frenzy. As an avid tea-goer, I have a few suggestions for locations that may provide a suitable temporary home for Tea.

The Inn
An oldie but a goodie. This is sort of a no-brainer, especially if Lowell will be using the Inn to house students during the renovation. There’s plenty of space in the entrance and dining hall of the Inn, and access to a kitchen for the tea fairies to work their magic.

The SOCH
I’m still not entirely sure what this building is meant for, but I imagine it’s empty except during career fairs. It’s huge, so there would be space for all the quadlings that start attending because it’s in their own backyard. And it’s probably one of the few events that could get the rest of us to make the trek all the way out to the quad.

Flat Patties
If they could share the space with Felipe’s, this should work, right?

Hopefully, the Lowell Faculty Deans will take these suggestions into account, but, honestly, as long as there’s still sweet treats and hot tea, I’ll be fine fighting my way through a construction zone for another bite of baked brie.

LowellFlyby BlogHouse RenewalFlyby CampusFlyby CultureFlyby Front

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.