Writer

Alana M Steinberg

Latest Content

Hey Professor: Kimberley Patton
Religion

Hey Professor: Kimberley Patton

Kimberley Patton '80, Professor of the Comparative and Historical Study of Religion at the Harvard Divinity School, discusses the role of dreams in earlier, religious cultures.

Hey Professor: Kimberley Patton
Religion

Hey Professor: Kimberley Patton

Kimberley Patton '80 and writer Michael Lauricella discuss the role of dreams in earlier, religious cultures.

Hey Professor: Kimberley Patton
Religion

Hey Professor: Kimberley Patton

Kimberley Patton '80, Professor of the Comparative and Historical Study of Religion at the Harvard Divinity School.

Q-U-I-N-C-Y
House Life

Q-U-I-N-C-Y

From the shoulders of another student, a girl leads Quincy in a chant, "Q-U-I-N-C-Y, Quincy till the day I die!"

Singles for Life
House Life

Singles for Life

While others made cheeky hints about the perks of Mather's many singles, one student cut right to the chase.

John Kirkland?
House Life

John Kirkland?

Kirkland students climbed the John Harvard Statue and donned it in their flag, much to the chagrin of other Houses.

No Pants for Adams
House Life

No Pants for Adams

Known for their house pride, many students from Adams bore red and yellow boxers and loudly proclaimed their House love.

Anticipating Dorm Storm
House Life

Anticipating Dorm Storm

Freshmen in Grays Hall eagerly look out into the yard, awaiting their letters.

Pfoho Festivity
College

Housing Day 2016

Capodilupo gestures at the WHOOP office
Technology

Capodilupo gestures at the WHOOP office

John Capodilupo gestures across WHOOP’s office. WHOOP is a bracelet that Harvard athletes wear that tracks sleep and diet, among other elements of life outside of practice.

Scoops on Scoops
Food and Drink

Scoops on Scoops

JP Lick’s offers ice cream flavors you can’t find anywhere else in the Square, such as Cappuccino Cruch, Cookes n’ Cake Batter, and Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Chip.

Red Apple Farm
Food and Drink

Red Apple Farm

The doughnuts are sold fresh and warm in white paper bags, ready to eat now or take home.

Working on a Fish
Food and Drink

Working on a Fish

Oren L. Richkin prepares the Raw Bar display; he creates a unique design every day.

Red Best
Food and Drink

Red Best

According to Ryan Rasys, the Retail Operations Manager at BPM's Red Best location, this red fish is just as good as red snapper, though it is usually treated as waste. Only selling seasonal and locally caught fish, Red's Best is "at the core of what is relevant in the food scene today," according to Rasys. "If I wasn't working here, I would be here every day."

Skate Fish
Food and Drink

Skate Fish

Red's Best supports local fishermen and does not turn any product away. The biggest vendor in the market, it sells classic local shellfish as well as harder to find options, such as skate, pictured here.