THE FOOT-BALL CONVENTION.

At the recent convention of the "Inter-collegiate Foot-Ball Association" in New York delegates were present from Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Columbia. W. C. Camp of Yale presided and W. H. Manning of Harvard acted as secretary. An executive committee was elected as follows : F. M. Eaton, Yale, chairman; W. F. Morgan, Columbia, secretary; E. T. Cabot, Harvard, and E. P. Morgan, Princeton. The principal subject the convention considered was doing away with the "block game." The following amendments to the rules were adopted : To Rule 5 - "No player having received the ball from one of his own side shall put it in his own touch-in-goal, under penalty of a safety touch." To Rule 7 add - "No sticky or greasy substance can be used on the person of the players" Rule 18 - "A player may throw or pass a ball in any direction except towards his opponents' goal." To Rule 33 - "If in three consecutive runs and downs a team shall not have advanced the ball five yards or lost ten, they must give it up to the opposite side at the spot where the fourth down is made. Consecutive means without leaving the hands of the side holding it." In Rule 61 the following clauses were struck out : "Which free kick cannot score a goal," and "waving the hands or hat before an adversary shall be considered interference."