None

No Headline

We hear that there is quite a boom in lacrosse this spring at Yale. Our men, who are becoming more and more indifferent, will need a fresh start if they hope to hold the lead, as they have done of late. '85 brought in several very fine players, but beyond these there seems to be no material forthcoming to make up the team in future years, and to add to the discomfort of the supporters of the game, several of the finest players will leave next year. With these facts in view, our prospects are threatening. And yet we dare assert that a far greater cause of dissatisfaction among the lacrosse men is the lack of support shown them. In every trip which they have made they have paid their own expenses, receiving a mere nominal sum as their share of the gate-money, and have also furnished their own uniforms. These expenses, borne throughout by the individual players, have grown to be pretty heavy, and in spite of their constant victories, there is no promise of better times in the future. It is ungenerous, to say the least, in the college to applaud their success, and immediately flee from too great an exhibition of zeal, lest it should be drawn into subscription. However the case may be, the team must not feel discouraged; they have already shown so much pluck in the face of adverse circumstances, that we hope to applaud their future victories.