WE KNEW IT.

Last week it seemed highly probable that the services of Hyndman, the best rusher in college, Peters, another good rusher in last year's team, and Richards, a splendid half-back and one of the finest goal kickers in the country would be lost to the team this year. Hyndman could not play because he was under suspension, and, in consequence, was not allowed to remain in New Haven to practice with the team under the penalty of being expelled from the college ; Peters declined to play football in obedience to the wishes of his friends ; Richards recently injured one knee, so that it did not seem likely he could do any satisfactory foot-ball playing this season. To make matters worse, Camp, Knapp and Bertron, all good players, were laid up so that they could not practice, while Louis K. Hull, a valuable man, entered the law school and refused to go in the eleven. Now comes word that Hyndman, Peters and Richards are almost certain to play, and perhaps one or more of the others. Hyndman has managed to evade the college rule forbidding his presence in New Haven until his term of expulsion is over, by locating in a suburb called Westville, which, while in the limits of the town of New Haven, is not in the city, yet so near that he can daily engage in practice with the Yale eleven. Peter has been prevailed upon to play again, while, better than all, Richards is so that he can walk without assistance, and he is confident he can play foot-ball in a couple of weeks. [Yale letter in Boston paper.