COMMENTS ON SATURDAY'S GAME.

The feature of the Princeton game was the kicking. moffat and cowling both tried for goals five time; Moffat succeeded four times and Cowling failed four times, but Cowling's tries were against the wind, and one of them was a beauty from the fifty-five-yard line, and it almost grazed the post. The Princeton rushers played well forward, relying on the unsteadiness of Harvard's back and on the strength of their own. Moffat would kick high, the Harvard tends would fumble, and the Princeton rushers would get the ball and so gain ground ; and when they got within the 30-yard line, the ball would go to Moffat, who would try for a goal. Kendall made the touchdown for Harvard. Neither side made a safety The eleven is shown to be the weakest in the tends. By failing to play their points well they disconcert and discourage the forward. But the question arises : "What are you going to do about it?" Captain Appleton works as hard as any man can. The Harvard eleven has needed a trainer from the beginning. Coaching at this late day could be expected to do some good, but it cannot make champions. Interest in the Yale game will not flag much, for the rush line is strong still, and all the men will put in hard work the few remaining days before the contest in New York. [Globe.

The Princeton men excelled in securing the ball, and in the snap and energy with which they kicked and tackled, while Harvard, who much surpassed them in weight, broke oftener through the rush line, but did not gain any decided advantage. [N. Y. Herald.

The Harvard team averaged fifteen pounds heavier than that of Princeton, but the latter were quicker, surer, and apparently in better condition. The playing was much rougher than that which usually characterizes the Harvard-Princeton games. The students here indulged in a bonfire jubilee tonight. [Times.