Fact and Rumor.

Marks have been given out in Latin B.

There will be no recitation in Greek 10 this forenoon.

J. F. McClure, '86, has been elected a member of the Signet.

The Yale freshman nine has already begun desultory field practice.

Allen, '86, has been coaching the candidates for the position of catcher on the freshman nine.

The annual dinner of the Shooting Club will be held this evening at Young's.

The Williams College nine will apply for admission to the inter-collegiate league.

The coffee party of the Glee Club and Pierian Sodality, was given last night, in Roberts Hall.

Copies of the report of President Eliot may be obtained by any student on application at the office.

The third number of the Advocate will be ready at four o'clock to-day, at Sever's.

It is doubtful if any performance on the double flying trapeze will take place this winter.

There is an article in Harpers Weekly on the new Pratt Gymnasium at Amherst. The illustrations are remarkably good.

A selection from Gounod's Redemption will be sung by the basses and tenors at prayers this morning.

In N. H. 3 the students are requested to submit their note-books to the instructor's inspection.

One of the contestants in the late winter meetings at Yale was a one-legged man. He made a good record in the fence-vault.

The Cricket Association will probably sod the western end of Holmes' field, when the frost is wholly out of the ground.

A young Japanese took the first gold medal at the recent graduation of his class from the New York Veterinary College.

The Rev. Stephen Cleveland, one of President Cleveland's ancestors, was born in Cambridge, and graduated from Harvard in 1735.

The following honorary members were elected into the Institute of 1770 last evening: White, Whitelaw, Barrow, Sellers, G. M. Seeley.

Prof. Lovering accidentally received a severe shock while conducting an experiment in electricity before a section in freshman physics, yesterday forenoon.

The subject for the fifth Sophomore theme will be a synopsis of one of the books read in connection with required English. The sixth theme will be a criticism of the same.

The small sign in the gallery at Memorial requesting visitors to remove their hats has been replaced by a larger and more conspicuous notice to the same effect, immediately at the top of the stairway.

A severe tussle took place in Harvard Square last evening about half-past ten. Two of the Cambridge "finest," after several repulses, succeeded in arresting a hack driver on the box of his own carriage.

Professor Thompson of the University of Pennsylvania, was asked whether he had made any converts while at Harvard. In reply, he said he did not know; but the professor at Harvard said that after the lectures the students came to him in droves, to ask questions: thus showing that their interest had been aroused at all events.