The Shotgun.

YESTERDAY'S WORK AT WATERTOWN.

The weather conditions yesterday afternoon, were such as to attract a large number of shooting men to Watertown, where the second competition in the present series of matches was shot. The number of men entering the matches was 21, while the spectators present swelled the number of those on the range to 35, or more. The scores, on an average, showed a decided improvement over the former work of the club, especially in the double-bird match, though the figures in this match were kept down somewhat by a stiff breeze from the southwest. Owing to the large number of entries in the regular matches, it was found necessary to omit the customary "scrub-team" match. The summary of the afternoon's work is as below:

MATCH A. Five double-rises, 18 yards. First, J. D. Bradley, '86, 7: second, W. H. Slocum, '86, F. B. Austin, '86, Clyde, '88, 6 each; third, F. S. Palmer, '87, 5.

MATCH B. Ten single-rises, 16 yards. First, J. Austin, '88, 9: second, F. Austin, '86, 8; third, F. S. Palmer, '87, 6.

MATCH C. Ten single-rises, 16 yards. First, J. Austin, '88, F. S. Meade, '87, 9 each; W. H. Slocum, '86, 8; R. G. McCook, '85, 7.

Barred.