A WELL GROUNDED COMPLAINT.

EDITORS DAILY CRIMSON. - There are two points in connection with Saturdays game that one of the spectators is moved to criticise. He was astonished to see a fault in Harvard's playing which in the eleven of a preparatory school would be jeered at. It has been predicted for some years that one of the first lessons a modern foot-ball player was taught is the low tackle. Five years ago when in the preparatory school this was the latest "tip" in the science of the game. However, Harvard's playing Saturday seemed to indicate that the "tip" which was "latest" five years ago, is not "out" yet here.

The other point which excited the spectator's irritability was the apparent lack of system with which the crowd of on-lookers were managed. They entered upon the field and hindered the playing, if not by actually getting in the players way, yet by forming an unconscious barrier to the freedom of their movements. And besides, those few gentlemen who remained on the seats as they should, were entirely prevented from obtaining a view of some of the most interesting plays. A crowd is always selfish and the only way to keep men within bounds is to appoint several leaders to restrain them. If the captain of the eveven would kindly select six or seven ushers or clerks of the grounds at the next game, he would add a great debt to the comfort of the college at large, as well as give his team a better chance to make fine plays.

* * *