Prize Poem.

RESTORATION OF DERRY CATHEDRAL.

The following notice has been sent to Harvard by the Lord Bishop of Derry, Londonderry, Ireland, with a request that it be made known to the students of Harvard.

A prize of pound 50 is offered for the best poem on Derry Cathedral. The composition may be in any recognized measure, and is not to exceed 120 lines. The author is requested to conceal his name; but each poem is to be distinguished by a motto, and accompanied by a sealed envelope endorsed with the motto, containing the competitor's name. An entrance fee of ten shillings is to be forwarded with each poem. While it is desirable that reference should be made to religious and historical associations, the adjudication will be decided by poetical merit alone.

Poems marked "Derry Cathedral Prize Poem," are to be lodged with the Secretary, Diocesan Synod, Office, Londonderry, on or before February 15, 1887.

Unsuccessful poems cannot be returned.

The following gentlemen have kindly consented to act as judges: -

Edward Dowden, Esq., Professor of English Literature in the University of Dublin. W. S. Courthope, Esq., Education Department, Whitehall. Harold A. Perry, Esq., Fellow of King's College, Cambridge.