CLASS OF 1900.

A man, who himself graduated from Harvard some years ago, reports that his nine year-old son is in serious trouble. The lad has been told that he is to enter college when he is eighteen and by a not too complex mathematical calculation he has figured out that this will place him in the class of 1900. He is accustomed to hear his father speak of his class as that of '75, and reasoning by analogy, he has arrived at the conclusion that his own will be the class of '00. "And, papa," he says, "of course nobody would want to belong to the class of nothing at all. Everybody would make fun of a fellow, and he never will feel as if he amounted to anything. If I can't enter college when I'm seventeen, I'd rather wait over a year and go in the class of '97, for then at least I'll be in the class of '01." The father laughs at the boy and teases him, but he says the youngster has taken the matter so seriously to heart that he is not sure whether even the nine years preparation that still remain will drive the notion out of his head. The dilemma is an amusing one, and affords opportunity for curious speculation as to what title the class of 1900 will take unto itself. There seems, however, no very pressing haste for the settlement of the question. - Boston Courier.