Rules Under which the Class Races will be Rowed.

The race will be started at 4.45, promptly. Each crew is requested to be at the Brookline bridge at 4.30, when the railroad draw will be opened. Any crew not on hand at this time will run the risk of being left out of the race.

As soon as the crews have passed through the draw a long whistle will be sounded from the referee's tug as a signal for the crews to get into line. There will be a rope stretched across the river to which four boats will be moored at distances of one hundred feet apart. A man in each boat will hold the stern of a shell. As soon as the shells are in line, two whistles will be sounded as a signal for the men to come out to the full reach. The boats will then be started in the following manner:

The starter will say, "Gentlemen, are you ready," and getting no reply, and seeing no coxswain hold up his hand as a signal that the crew is not ready, the starter will fire a shot-gun, after an interval of from two to five seconds, as a signal to "Go."

The signal for a recall will be the second barrel of the shot-gun, but there will be no recall after the first ten strokes have been rowed.

No crew shall take another crew's water except at its own peril of being ruled out in case of a foul.

The finish line is the imaginary prolongation of the face of the brick wall on west side of Otter street, Boston. Shells will cross this line between Beacon street and the judge's boat, which will bear a flag.

Except as above, the race will be governed by the laws of boat racing, as adopted by the National Association of Amateur Oarsmen:

Should the weather necessitate postponement notice will be sent to the college boat-house as early in the day as possible.

By order of the Executive Committee,

H. U. B. C.