Fact and Rumor

There are still about sixty men on the waiting list at Memorial.

The alumni of Adams Academy in college are forming a football eleven.

Candidates for the Yale 'varsity crew row on the harbour every pleasant afternoon.

Harmar, Yale, '90, who holds the intercollegiate record for one mile, has decided to give up running on account of bad health.

In the Exeter-Andover tenuis tournament, Stearns of Andover won the singles, and Soule aud Harrison the doubles.

Finley, who is now at the Massachusetts General Hospital, is rapidly recovering, but may not be able to play for some time.

An amateur football eleven, composed of college men has been formed, and Mr. Burnham, '90, elected captain. A challenge has been issued to the Technology freshmen.

Seventy-seven seniours, 117 juniors, 180 sophomores and 160 freshmen have already signed for the torchlight parade. The total number is 534. The success of the parede seems to be assured.

The lecture by Mr. Coquelin will take place in Sanders Theatre this afternoon at 4 o'clock. Doors open at 3.30. Holders of admission tickets will be admitted from the Kirkland street side of the hall only after 3.50 P. M.

A pair of cymbals will be used in the Harvard Drum Corps in the Republican torchlight parade on Monday next, which were carried in many torchlight processions duridg the political campaign of William Henry Harrison in 1840.

The Columbia fall sports were held on October 26, at the Manhattan Athletic Club grounds. The entries numbered over 225, the largest list of contestants in any games of the Athletic Association. Three Columbia records were broken and one inter-collegiate record was equalled. H. Mapes, '92, Mines, won the 220 yards hurdle in 26 4-5s. beating the Columbia record by 2s, and equaling the inter-collegiate best time. He also beat the college record for the 120 yards hurdle in 17 1-5s. A. S. Vosburgh, '90, Arts, beat the Columbia mile record by 1s, making the distance in 4.53 2-6. Each previously held these records.