The Class in Wrestling at the Gymnasium.

A number of men seem to find a good deal of interest and amusement in witnessing the wrestling at the gymnasium every afternoon. Mr. Lathrop gives instructions in wrestling every afternoon at 3 o'clock. Dividing the men into pairs he instructs each pair in catches, falls and positions, illustrating the meaning by object lessons and making the men apply his teaching. While Mr. Lathrop is instructing one pair, the others practise what they have previously been told. The part of the hour thus spent in instruction is rather tame, but the last half is spent in regular bouts, and proves much more interesting to those looking on. Two men wrestle before Mr. Lathrop and the class until one or the other is fairly thrown, when another pair take their place. The class was quite large at first, but a number of men have dropped out from time to time. Presumably most of those now in the class intend to enter the wrestling bouts in the winter meetings. Among the constant attendants are Smith, L. S., Green, '89, Hunter, '89, Paine, '90, Duncan, '90, Pulsifer, '90, and Hambleton, '91.