Proposals for Changes in Foot-Ball Rules.

At the last meeting of the Graduate Advisory Committee, it was voted to recommend at the regular meeting of the Association in May some very important changes in the rules.

Rule 12 to be amended so that in a scrimmage the player putting the ball in play cannot pick it up after setting it in motion until it touches a third man, when the ball is kicked forward as well as when it is snapped back. The opposing centre-rush to count as the second man when the ball is kicked forward. This prevents the centre-rush from picking up the ball from his own kick in the scrimmage.

Rule 14, blocking with arms extended, to be prohibited in a scrimmage as well as when a player is off-side.

Rule 20, to be amended so that a team must forfeit the game if it does not begin to play within five minutes after the referee calls time.

Rule 26 to be amended so that tackling will be allowed between the hips and knees, but not below the latter.

Rule 35, in regard to interference, to prohibit a player who is off-side to use his hands and arms in warding off.

It was also agreed upon that the umpire's decisions should be final in regard to all fouls, including those under Rule 26. In all other cases the referee's decision to be final. Also that the referee should notify the captain in regard to the time, not less than five minutes nor more than ten from the end of the half.