Outing for February.

The most interesting article in the February number of Outing, which has just appeared, is Part II of "American College Athletics." R. M. Hurd is the contributor, and has written about Yale University. After a brief general history of early athletics at Yale, he takes up in detail the records of the elevens, the crews, the nines, and the track athletes, since 1876, and the lawn tennis players since 1883. The illustrations include full-page photographs of the champion crew and nine of '88 and the '87 eleven. There are also some interesting instantaneous photographs of hurdle jumping and pole vaulting. "A Russian Wolf Hunt" is an exciting story of a winter's adventure by T. Bolton. "The Jersey City Athletic Club," by C. L. Meyers, is illustrated with some instantaneous photographs of men jumping. Part III of "Outdoor Life of the Presidents" deals with Andrew Jackson. The other articles are "Sleighing," "Across Wyoming on Horseback," "Herne the Hunter," "Memories of Yacht Cruisers," "On Blades of Steel," and "On a Canadian Farm in Midwinter."