Communications.

EDITORS DAILY CRIMSON:- I voice the sentiments of more than one student when I say that the new raising of the price of reserved seats at the 'varsity games is not only exorbitant but ill-advised. Perhaps the new manager thought himself justified by the precedent of the 'varsity foot-ball games, where 50 cents was charged for a reserved seat. If he did, he failed to recollect that this was a necessary step for the foot-ball management, because of the small number of foot ball games played here and because of the limited accommodations of Jarvs Field. For the base-ball management, the case is entirely different. Holmes Field will accommodate more than twice the number that Jarvis will, and there is a large number of important base-ball games played here. To raise, therefore, the price of reserved seats from 25 cents to 50 is, to say the least, unreasonable. Further, after having defeated Princeton twice, as we have, it is unreasonable to suppose that people will care enough about this third game to stand the imposition of an extra 25 cents for every seat, over and above the usual amount. Perhaps the new manager cannot do better than follow the precedent, established by long years of experience.

One word more. It is unjust to the body of students at large to have all the good sections on Holmes Field reserved, for one thing and another. At the last Princeton game, the seats behind third base, which have always been the stronghold of the students at large and the strongest centre of the cheering, was reserved for the holders of season tickets. The only sections open to ordinary mortals, who could afford neither reserved seats nor season tickets were two or three sections between the back stop and the hospital, where one had to face the delightfully fascinating glare of the sun, which threw a golden mist over the whole landscape, including the game.

That the new manager is managing things a little too arbitrarily seems to be the sentiment of a large number. I sincerely hope all these innovations will be dropped at once. '88.