The Freshman Team.

In about two weeks the freshman team will play Yale and if they expect to keep up the records of preceding freshman teams they must show great improvement.

Ninety-four's great fault seems to be slowness. The men line up slowly, give the signal slowly and start slowly. The whole team seems to be asleep when they begin practice and what is worse they never wake up. The men need snap and life in their play, and until they get this the team will never play well.

The centre men do not seem to be able to stop a wedge under any circumstances and the other men on the line are too slow about coming to take unblocked men near the centre.

The warding off of the team is weak and such a thing as getting through is almost unheard of.

The men behind the line are perhaps better as a whole, but they are awfully slow to take in the situation of the game. The quarter-backs are all slow in passing the ball and should use more head work.

On kicks, the half-backs fumble and fail to back each other up as they should.

The team does not seem to be accustomed to the signals and at times makes mistakes.

The men on the second eleven should pay more attention to the game and be more wide-awake. The team lacks life and spirit.

There are two good weeks before the Yale game and the eleven ought to make the best of that time and show great improvement.

The names of the men trying for positions are as follows: Gage, Clark, Stone, Beals, McDonald, Bond, McDaniel, Quigley, Borden, Waters, White, Cabot, Rogers, Cosby, Saltonstall, Fay, Damon, Garrison, Ladd, Loring, Gleason, Morgan, Hoag, Frothingham, Williams, Wrenn, Thayer, Gifford, Wilson, Ellis.