The Fresman Team.

The freshman eleven played a practice game with a second eleven yesterday afternoon on Jarvis Field. Newell and Shaw of the 'Varsity squad played tackle and guard respectively. H. Cabot was quarter-back. Apart from this there was no change in the make up of the team. Wrenn and Waters played ends, McDonald and Saltonstall left tackle and guard, and Mackie centre. Borden and Gage were the half-backs and Stone full-back.

In a day or two Corbett will come out, and as soon as Sherwin recovers sufficiently, he too, will play. The rules adopted by the two Universities will not allow Lake to play, so Gage will probably be right half back. Shea will also play.

The line is greatly strengthened already and Cabot has strengthened the team at quarter-back. Stone played his position very well and the ends were well taken care of. Ninety-four will therefore have two 'varsity men and three 'varsity substitutes almost half of the team.

The Yale team will by no means be as fortunate. Bliss and Crosby will be the only 'varsity men on their eleven.

The freshman team has improved a little and yesterday played with more life and snap than usual. The work of the backs was especially good. The general play of the eleven, however, is far inferior to that of most freshman elevens. Their work up to a couple of weeks ago was lifeless and showed almost utter lack of interest. Lately, however, the work has been a little bettered; but if the accounts are true concerning Yale's freshmen team, that eleven is playing a far better game than Harvard's freshman representatives. Yale has had some of her best men laid up, but now they are all out again, and doing excellent work. Some of the hardest kind of work has got to be done in the next few days, or Harvard's '94 eleven, even with her 'varsity players, will find herself worsted by Yale.

J. H. Hunt '92, who has coached them for some time, will continue to do so, and Captain Cumnock will also coach the eleven.