H. U. C. A.

At the last meeting of the executive committee of the Harvard University Cycling Association, a motion was passed to challenge the Boston Athletic Club to a team race, to be run on Holmes field May 24, directly after the base ball game between Harvard and B. A. A.; teams to consist of three men each. Such race to take place provided that the chairman of the L. A. W. racing board allows the race to be run under other rules than as laid down in the L. A. W. "track rule" 33. It was also decided to hold a handicap road race some time before May 24, open to all members of the University except R. H. Davis, '91, K. Brown, '91, W. B. Greenleaf, '92, T. Barron, '91, and W. P. Davis, '93. Such race to take place provided that eight men or more enter. Two bronze medals and a silk badge are offered as first, second and third prizes. The committee also decided upon a hare-and-hounds run to take place within the next ten days. Silk badges are offered as prizes.

The following is a list of events of the amateur race meet to be held on Holmes field May 10.

One mile ordinary, scratch-open.

One mile safety, handicap-open.

One mile safety, scratch-open.

Half mile ordinary, handicap-open.

One mile tandem safety, handicap-open.

One mile ordinary, interscholastic scratch, open to all preparatory schools in New England.

Two mile ordinary, intercollegiate handicap open to I. C. A. A. A. and M. I. T.

Three very valuable medals (gold silver and bronze) will be given in each event.

A silver cup will be given to the club scoring the most points; to be counted as follows: 1st place, five; 2d, three; 3rd, one.

In the interscholastic race a silver cup will be presented, to be competed for annually by the schools, at the H. U. C. A. meet, under rules similar to those which govern the Mott Haven games.

Special conditions-All races are governed by the L. A. W. rules. Any race in which the number of entries shall warrant, will be run in heats. The right to reject any or all entries is reserved. Entries close Saturday, May 3, at 12 p. m.