Fact and Rumor.

There was a cut in Pol. Econ. 2 and 4 yesterday.

The second thesis in Phil. 4, is due on Thursday next.

When are the foot ball directors ever on the field?

There will be a written examination in N. H. 5 tomorrow.

The Columbia Spectator asks whether foot ball is entirely dead.

Notman's Cambridge studio will be ready for occupation next week.

Eighty-eight at Columbia will not have as heavy a crew as '87 did last year.

Mr. E. J. Wendall '82, was referee at fall handicap athletic meeting at Columbia.

French 8 will begin Le Maitre de Forges, par G. Ohnet, at the recitation Wednesday morning.

A third game with the Technology eleven has been arranged for this afternoon at 3.15.

The Barnum Natural history museum at Tufts is now open. The specimens are being rapidly put in position.

The number of regular members of the freshmen class is 253, and not 230 as we have seen it stated in several papers.

The "Graduate eleven" will wear caps and stockings of blue, crimson, orange, and black stripes.-So says an exchange.

Encouragement for the eleven. An ex-captain of Yale says that the Yale team are playing in a palace-car rather than a freight-train style.

Fargo '88 was on the field yesterday for the first time since his accident at Exeter. He was laid up again before the game commenced.

At Cornell the demand for more lockers in the gymnasium is as urgent as it has been here sometimes.

Some of the Chinese young men who were a few years ago studying in the American colleges are now busily engaged fighting the French on their native soil.

The Andover eleven challenged the Yale freshmen to play a match at Andover. The latter cannot accept as they cannot take the cuts necessary if they should make such a trip.

The Memorial Hall waiters are busily engaged in practising foot ball, in preparation for a grand match game on Thanksgiving Day between elevens from the upper and lower parts of the hall.

Exeter was defeated by Andover at Foot Ball Saturday, by a score of 11 to 8. This shows that if the freshmen had been in proper condition in their game with Exeter, they would not have been beaten.

Freshmen beware of cigarettes. According to Lieutenant Greeley's account, of the nineteen men who perished on the Arctic Expedition all but one were smokers and that one was the last to die. The seven survivors were non-smoking men.

Much discontent is expressed among the students at the present make up of the eleven. It is felt that the foot ball directors are not attending to their duties and that several changes in the composition of the team would not be out of place.

Episode of the Yale-Wesleyan freshman game: "A Yale man had a badlooking eye, but later on, when unlawfully tackled, focussed his unimpaired member on a Wesleyan man sufficiently accurately to reach him twice straight from the shoulder."-[Spirit of the Times.

The freshmen crew at Columbia were beaten by the sophomores Nov. 7th, by about two lengths. The freshmen crew was composed of the following men; -Parsons, bow; Moore, 2; Gould, 3; Little, 4; Dimock, 5; Bunzl, 6; Tuttle, 7; Perkins, Stroke; Villebirde, Coxswain.

The freshmen eleven, assisted by Howard and Burnett who acted as half backs, played the 'Varsity team yesterday afternoon and played all around them. Holden, Howard and Burnett passed, backed up one another, and rushed so well that they succeeded in making several touchdowns. The 'Varsity made nothing.