The Stanford University.

The buildings for the new Stanford University, built by Senator and Mrs. Stanford as a monument to their son Leland, are rapidly approaching completion. They are situated at Palo Alto, an estate of 8,000 acres, reaching from the valley of the Bay of San Francisco to the foot hills of the coast range. In addition to the university and college buildings, the great dormitories and work shops, and the numerous other buildings necessary for a university which is intended to accommodate 800 male and female students, Mrs. Stanford is preparing, out of her own income, the construction of a building for the accommodation of such rare and curious articles as were collected by her son during his lifetime. It is to be constructed of cut stone, and in imitation of the museum at Athens, the plans and drawings of which have been forwarded by the Government of Greece, under the authority of Brusha Bey, President of the Egyptian Museum at Cairo. The substantial buildings of the university are almost complete, while the dormitories. each of which is intended to accommodate four hundred pupils, will be ready for occupation the early part of next fall. The cost of maintenance of pupils will be fixed at not less than $200 per annum.