The New England College Conference.

The ninth annual college conference of the college Young Men's Christian Association of New England will be held at Williamstown this week. The exercises begin on Friday at 7.30 p. m. and close on Sunday evening following.

The program that has been arranged is exceedingly interesting and from its length will occupy the majority of the time allotted for the conference. Mr. L. H. Roots of the Harvard Young Men's Christian Association will preside at the second parlor conference on Saturday at 5.30. The subjects for discussion are the following: (a) What is being done in different institutions? Reports from the delegates. (b) Points to be observed in doing personal work among the students, A. A. Stagg, followed by informal discussion. (c) Our responsibility to our associate members, F. L. Luce, Williams College.

At the third conference Mr. William Frederick Williams of the Harvard association will discuss the Need of Christian Teachers for the Government Schools of Japan.

On Saturday evening the topic of Requisites for Success in Christian Work will be discussed. The principal speakers are Lewis K. Morse, Harvard Y. M. C. A., A. A. Stagg, and S. M. Layford. The conference closes Sunday evening with a farewell service at 8.30 p. m. The college Y. M. C. A. will be represented by L. H. Roots, president; W. F. Williams, L. K. Morse and three other representatives not yet decided upon.

The object of these conferences is to discuss the different ways of conducting the various associations, and if possible for the smaller associations to obtain new ideas and improvement generally. Topics of general interest are introduced and discussed by all.