New London Again,

Unless the City Refuses to Accept the Stipulations of the Colleges.

Representatives of the Harvard and Yale boating interests met Judge John G. Crump and Mr. Brandegee of the New London Board of Trade, at the Crocker House in New London on Sunday, and drew up a set of stipulations under which the colleges agree to row at New London for five years more. Of course these stipulations have still to be accepted by the New Londoners; but as they are thoroughly just, Captain Perkins felt little doubt that the Board of Trade would ratify the arrangement made by their representatives.

The Harvard men present at the meeting were R. F. Herrick, '90; T. N. Perkins, '91; and L. Brooks, '91. The Yale representatives were George Adee, '83; and J. B. Townsend, '91.

Every one knows what an unsatisfactory arrangement the present one has proved to be. The rates of hotel accommodations in New London, and the prices that have had to be paid for seats in the observation train, have been sources of consternation to Harvard men for many years past. The New Londoners have known that they had us in their power, and have very naturally made the most of the good bargain which they struck with us five years ago. The consequence was that when the agreement expired this year, Springfield, Saratoga, Troy and Albany all became competitors for the profit that was to be made out of the boat race. But the New Londoners do not wish to lose their annual feast, and they will probably agree to stipulations which will materially alter the relations between the colleges and the city. The stipulations are in substance as follows:

First-The two colleges are to have control of at least two-thirds of the observation train. The tickets for this part of the train will be put on sale at Cambridge and New Haven, so that the graduates and alumni of the two colleges will have a chance to buy them at reasonable rates. The price of the tickets may be raised somewhat, but they will come in the end to much less than in the old days when the side-walk speculators pocketed enormous premiums. Moreover any rise In price will go directly to the enrichment of the boat clubs of the two colleges.

Second-The course will be re-surveyed. The start and finish are to be accurately fixed and stone posts set to mark each half mile, with "range posts" on the shore. The floats, etc., will be repaired.

Third-The boat house will be rebuilt and the crews' quarters repaired.

Fourth-A committee known as the "regatta committee" is established, with fixed headquarters, whose duty will be to furnish information to visitors.

The usual agreements have been inserted regarding boats following the race. The press boat accommodations will be much improved.

The agreement is in the hands of the New London Board of Trade, which will in turn make sub-agreements with the railroads, hotels, etc.