Changes in Scholarship.

After this year there will be no more freshman scholarships assigned in January and no more senior in June. Beginning next year the scholarships will be assigned only to the three upper classes, so that each class will receive about thirty instead of the former twenty. These will all be assigned in October on the basis of the preceding year's work. The reason for the change is that there is some extra Price Greenleaf money to be disposed of. The latter will be entirely separate from the scholarships and will be given to new comers on the basis of their work before entering Harvard. By this arrangement it will be seen that each class has three installments of scholarships (in the Sophomore, Junior and Senior years respectively) besides the Price Greenleaf money.

Another change is in the times of paying scholarships and the Price Greenleaf installments. Whereas, formerly, payments have been made at Christmas time, in April and in the following October, in future they will be made when the term bills are issued, or, at Christmas time, in April and in June. This will make the men some difficulty who will not receive their money until next Christmas, and who must nevertheless pay the last term bill of this year in October; but this difficulty will doubtless be provided for.