The Class Team Race.

The team race between the quarter mile men of the four classes occurred on Holmes field yesterday afternoon and resulted in an easy victory for the seniors. Ninety-two had the pole and the classes were arranged in order, Ninety-five being on the outside. W. H. Wright took the lead, closely followed by W. L. Thompson '93. H. M. Wheelwright '94, and H. D. Pillsbury '95. They finished in the same order. Wright's time was 50 4-5 sec. A. F. Pinkham '92 increased the lead, while S. M. Merrill '94 caught C. B. Goodrich '93 and W. E. Greenough '95 brought up the rear. The result of the third quarter was J. Corbin '92, A. R. Whittier '94, M. H. Guerin '93 and C. H. Baker '95. On the last lap G. L. Batchelder '92 won handily over the rest of the field. H. C. Lakin '94 came in second, passing C. E. Hutchinson '93 on the home stretch. The lead was too much for N. W. Bingham '95 to overcome and Ninety-five had to be satisfied with last place. The time of the seniors was 3 min. 28 3-5 sec., and the sophomores finished four seconds later. The average time of the winners was 52 1-5 sec. The best previous record for the me team race was broken.