New Course For Teachers.

A new and interesting half course, to be called Philosophy 19, will be given this year by the Lawrence Scientific School in their group of four science courses for teachers.

The work of this course is an extension of part of the work in Philosophy 17. In that course the principles of the organization and administration of public schools and academies are illustrated and discussed. In this course the teaching of elementary science comprising the planning and the conducting of class work under the conditions obtaining in public schools and academies, together with the teaching resources for each subject is studied in detail. The instruction will be given mainly by persons engaged in teaching science in elementary and secondary schools.

The new course is established because it is believed that the growing demand, justly emphasized in the report of the "Committee of Ten," for "more highly trained teachers than are now ordinarily available" should be met by suitable provision for such training in scientific schools and colleges.

The course will be organized about November 1, and notices of the time and place for enrolment will appear soon. Assistant Professor Hanus has charge of the matter.