THE HARVARD RIFLES.

First Drill in the Armory Tonight. Plans for the Year.

The Harvard Rifles begin their second years work tonight by a drill at the armory. The hour of drill has been changed from 4.30 in the afternoon to 7 o'clock in the evening, and only two drills a week will be held: Tuesday and Thursday evenings. The object of this change is to give men whose afternoons are filled with lectures, laboratory or athletic work the opportunity of taking the course, and it is hoped that the change will be rewarded by a large number of new men.

Rifle practice which was unable to be finished last year on account of the range will probably be indulged in this year. Signalling and out-door drills will also be kept up when practicable.

Arrangements will be made later for competitive drills between Technology, Brown University and possibly Yale and if a sufficient number of men enrol themselves there is no question but that a first-class prize company can be formed under the able instruction of Lieutenant Robinson.

All those wishing to join may see Lieutenant Robinson tonight between 7 and 8 o'clock or can leave their names at 10 Hollis at any time.