Pennsylvania's Football Team.

The following is taken from the Pennsylvanian of Friday last:

"Since the Brown game of Wednesday, there has been a good deal of criticism in the various papers as to Pennsylvania's playing, most everybody agreeing that there was a decided fall-off in the work of the men as compared with previous games. Much of this criticism has been too severe, though the team's work is undoubtedly not altogether satisfactory. The following from the Evening Telegraph is, we think, a fair and just criticism of the work of the men as shown by the Brown game:

" 'We do not agree with the general talk of the team being stale to any great degree. Some of the men may need a rest, notably Captain Williams and Minds, but nearly all of the rest of the team have been laying off for a day or so every once in a while, and rather than needing a rest we are inclined to think that some of them need more work.

" 'At present the worst criticism that can be brought on the play of Penn's eleven is that their work is impulsive and not regularly good. When it was absolutely necessary for the team to brace, then Brown could never gain an inch, and her runners were generally thrown backward; but this sort of play did not keep up as it should, and a few such moments of laxity might lose the game against Harvard. The same thing can be said of the offence. When the players really settled down to hard work and rushed at Brown's defence with the dash of which they are capable, the gain was seldom less than five yards, and generally more. We sincerely hope to see this fault of merely impulsive play corrected before the final games.' "