Yale News Editorial on Football.

[Special to the HARVARD CRIMSON.]

NEW HAVEN, CONN., March 20. - The following editorial will appear in tomorrow's News:

"The News believes that it expresses the general opinion of Yale when it states that from an outside standpoint, the recent action against football at Harvard is to be deeply regretted. This is especially true on account of the feeling that as an organized effort is now being made to minimize the somewhat objectionable features of the game, it should be given another trial. It is not, however, the purpose of a paper conducted by undergraduates to condemn the decision of the Faculty of another institution. We can disapprove - and that is all. Anything more would have the effect merely of creating ill feeling on all sides, and would accomplish nothing.

"In so far as Yale is concerned intercollegiate football will not be seriously affected. It will continue next year along the same lines it has in the past, except for the probable omission of a Springfield game, and for changes in playing rules suggested by the experience of last fall."

THE YALE NEWS.