Yale Interscholastic Champion.

The annual tournament of the Yale interscholastic tennis association was completed Saturday.

There were 20 preliminary matches in the morning play, leaving J. P. Sheldon Jr., of the Hopkins Grammar School, New Haven, Sage of the Hartford High School, Cheney of the Hillhouse High School, New Haven, and E. T. Trowbridge of the Hopkins School in the semi-finals.

Sheldon and Sage played an interesting match, Sheldon winning, 7-5, 6-4. Cheney was defeated by Trowbridge. This was a surprise, as Cheney was the favorite for the tournament championship. Trowbridge won two sets straight, 6-3, 6-1.

The final was between Sheldon and Trowbridge. Sheldon won the match and interscholastic championship, in three straight sets, 8-6, 6-2, 6-4. He is a brother of Sheldon who broke the intercollegiate record in the broad jump.

The consolation matches were played yesterday afternoon. The final was won by W. B. Connor of the Hotchkiss School, Lakeville, who defeated R. Hooker of Hopkins grammar school, 6-4, 7-5.