UNIVERSITY REGISTRATION.

As the Figures Now Stand there is a Slight Gain Over Last Year.

Althought the registration in the whole University is still incomplete, particularly in the professional schools, and will be so for about three weeks longer, the total number of students who have registered is approximately as follows: In the whole University, 3, 590. Of these 2,400 are enrolled in the departments under the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, namely, the College, the Graduate School, and the Scientific School. These figures do not include students in the Medical School who take courses for graduates. The Catalogue figures for 1895-96, not counting 34 graduate students in the Medical School, gave a total of 3566, so that the count for this year shows that there has already been a slight gain in the total number of students enrolled in all departments of the University. When the Catalogue for the current year is published next December, it is likely that the registration in the whole University will be still further increased.