BASEBALL TROPHIES.

Prize Bats for Best Records in Batting, Sacrifice Hits and Runs.

The prizes offered to the '96 'varsity baseball team by members of three former Harvard classes have been received and are on exhibition in the window of the CRIMSON Office. The prizes are:

Mahogany Prize Bat, offered by a member of the University nine of '76 to the player making the best average of first base hits.

Ebony Prize Bat, offered by a member of the University nine of '77 to the player who makes the largest total of sacrifice hits.

Rosewood Prize Bat, offered by a member of the University nine of '78 to the player making the largest total of runs.

No player's record will be considered in awarding the three prizes unless he has played in at least fifteen games.

Should any player on the College nine be promoted to the University nine, and have played fifteen games or more on both nines, his record while a member of the College nine will be counted.

To determine the winner of the prize for the best average of first base hits and of sacrifice hits, the figures of the official scorer of the University nine and the figures as published in the Boston Herald and the Boston Globe will be added together and the total will be divided by three.

The figures of the nine will decide the winner of the prize for the largest number of runs.

In crediting a player with sacrifice hits, only such hits will be taken into account as advance the runner a base, and when the hit is made in the direction of right field.

In the event of two or more players being tied for first place in any of the three competitions, a duplicate of each prize will be given.

The names of those who secure the prize will be engraved together with their records, on the silver band of each bat.